Monday, December 26, 2011

I survived Christmas 2011

Christmas is over and I survived!

I was incredibly stressed about it. I threatened to take down the Christmas tree and to cancel Christmas altogether, but Mirza wouldn't let me. hmph.

I worked on Christmas Eve Day and then my brother came over afterwards. We ate pulled pork sandwiches, watched a movie, and generally just hung out on the couch. Mirza also entertained us with his guitar playing.

We had planned to wait until the morning to open our gifts, but Mirza was too eager for me to see what he got me!!

A new set of pots and pans!!


These are so needed. I've been using a crappy $50 set that I bought from Walmart since graduating college.

He also bought me beautiful cookbooks that I've been eyeing.




We stayed up until 2 am. I don't know how since I worked 12 hours that day!

Christmas Day we hung out with his mom for a bit, and then at 4pm, we saw, "We Bought a Zoo."
LOVED it. So much. I would even see it again. I think it's going to become one of those movies that eventually comes on TV and you end up watching over and over.
It was just nice.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally want to see that movie! And I understand your excitment about new pots and pans, mine are so old!

StephTheBookworm said...

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas eventually. I also loved We Bought A Zoo. I loved the little girl, she was adorable!